I am truly honored
Seriously? Me? Wow!
I am so thankful to have been nominated for The Liebster Award 2017! This nomination comes from Jamie Nicholls a mom of 5 (that’s right 5), who works as a real estate agent and educator, parents 3 boys and twin girls, runs a house with 3 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bearded dragon, a few fish, and a husband, AND still finds time to run a blog It’s BLOGical where she shares her passion for parenting, travel, health and beauty, food, DIY’s, and so much more. It seems there is nothing that she can’t do. Seriously, check it out… I’ll wait!
Thank you Jamie for this nomination. It is because of bloggers like you and of course my Messy Momma’s that keep me motivated and excited to share all the beautiful Messy Momma Moments of my life. Knowing that my transparency and honestly isn’t going unnoticed truly is so humbling. And I so appreciate your support and nomination.
What is the Liebster Award you ask?
The Liebster Award as stated by The Global Aussie is ‘an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.’
Ok- So here is where I get to share a little about myself (Your 2017 Liebster Nominee)
- My name is Samantha but most of my friends call me Sam. As the first born in my family, I was named after my two grandparents Sam and Anna (It’s the Italian thing to do).
- I grew up in a small town, just outside the city of Chicago, where everyone was a “paesano” and you had two kitchens (one upstairs and one in the basement), a cellar with homemade wine and sausages hanging from the ceiling, and your next door neighbors were your family.
- I moved to the western suburbs just before middle school where I learned Woodfield isn’t the only mall in Illinois, and country boys like girls who have no problems playing football, basketball, or baseball in the yard.
- I met my husband playing said sports in our subdivision in the 6th grade. He played basketball, so I played basketball (maybe not as well as him- but I tried) ((My number one sport was softball)).
- I played travel softball in middle school and was a varsity player in high school. I also played volleyball and basketball, did some swim team, karate, danced, did a little cheer leading, loved to do charity work, and was on student council.
- I have always been a social butterfly and went to every dance at every school (even ones I didn’t go to- my mom was thrilled to buy all those dresses) I actually went to prom with my Husband and was even nominated for prom court.
- After high school, my husband and I moved into a house in the country. We had planned to fix it up and sell it, but the market crashed and we called it home for over 10 years!
- We have two beautiful children, 1 girl and 1 boy. My daughter is 8 and my son is 3. They are social and athletic just like their mom, and stubborn like their dad… Ok Ok.. they get their athleticism from him too… and they are spitting images of him… I’m not actually sure they are mine- they look nothing like me! Daddy’s little replicas.
- I am a cosmetologist and work at a local Aveda Salon. I do everything from cutting to coloring, but I am passionate about my work doing bridal hair and makeup. I am always so honored to be a part of such a big day in a womans life, and making her feel beautiful brings me such joy; it’s so amazing to watch her face light up when she sees herself for the first time all done up- it’s empowering!
- I have never been an advocate for bullying in any form, and I am passionate about my mission to bring awareness to the effects social media has had on parenting. I hope my movement can help shine a light on supporting one another and embrace the messy momma moments.
My Liebster Award Questions
1. How Many US States have you visited and wich ones did you like the most?
I have been to 8 states and I would have to say Florida is my favorite because we had a family home there my entire life (up until recently). I would go there with my family and my grandparents. We would go to the beaches and to Disney and Universal Studios and all the other parks there. We would spend holidays there, and spring breaks there. It was where I learned to play 65 with all my grandparents and their friends and family members, and they told me stories of the ‘old country’ and all the crazy things they did or expierenced ‘back in the day’. It was where I married my husband and took our children on their first vacations. It was our home away from home where I created memories I will never forget and always cherish.
2. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee- but now days I prefer FROYO… due to the tummy issues ice cream causes after having had my son.
3. What would your consider to be your Blog Niche?
I would say my blog is more of a lifestyle blog where I talk about all the things I enjoy, parenting, and of course my Messy Momma Movement where we shine a light on the messy momma moments every parent faces and learn to laugh, embrace, and enjoy them.
4. Do you prefer to read the book or watch the movie and why?
I am more of a movie watcher. The film industry has come such a long way and I am so facinated by movies and even the experience of going to the movie theater or cuddling on the couch with a big blankey and some popcorn with the family.
5. When do you find time to blog?
LATE LATE LATE at night, or should I say morning? (it’s 1 in the morning right now and I have been working on this for quite some time). I stay up late because, for starters, it is the only uninterrupted time I have to myself. And because my husband works the midnight shift, so I like to stay up until he gets up for work, catch up with him and kiss him goodbye. But sometimes I get the chance to do it on Mondays during the day now that my son is in pre-k.
6. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I have always been a transparent person and I love to tell stories. I am a firm believer that someones honesty and testimony can be another persons saving grace. You could share something that maybe someone is struggling with and it was exactly what they need to hear to answer a question that might have been bugging them, or to let them know they aren’t the only person going through something, or even bringing awareness to something that someone maybe never would have even thought about. I hope that my story and my interests can help others and bring more joy and love into the world. Especially the world of parenting. I had always been the most confident person throught my childhood and high school and even after. I did face some moments of self doubt and stuggles when I endtered the world of parenting. Where I saw so many people commenting and tearing one another down. And it made me question myself, my parenting style, and even my beliefs. I would constantly compare my life to others and it took a long time to get to a place where I was happy with the person and parent I am. And I hope my story can save others from feeling that way. There is more than one way to parent.
7. What has been your favorite vacation and why?
So far, one of my favorite vacations was when my husband and I went to Arizona with our children to attend my cousins wedding. I did hair and makeup for her wedding and my daughter was the flower girl. It was so wonderful to be at my cousins wedding, but it was also the first and so far only vacation we have gone on where it was mostly just us. No parents or grandparents were with us. We visited with my cousins and my family but had a lot of time to ourselves. We went to the Grand Canyon and explored a state we had all never been in. It was the first vacation we had where we had a lot of down time to enjoy one another and in such a beautiful place.
8. If you could give someone $1,000,000 who would you give it to?
Oh boy, this is a hard one. I would want to give it to my husband and my parents evenly. We are so fortunate to have such amazing parents who are always there for us, and it would be impossible to choose just one person to give it to. I would want to thank them all for always being there and helping us in any way possible. And it would be nice to help take away some financial burdens they may have.
9. How has traveling changed your life?
Well, while I have been to many places and even a few countries, I wouldn’t say I am a big traveler. I have been to Italy, Sicily, Mexico, Cancun, and The Bahamas; I have been to a few states, and we enjoy going camping but I can’t think of a way that traveling has changed my life. Maybe by moving from the city to the suburbs my life has been impacted. I learned to slow down and love a country life that maybe I wouldn’t have known had I not moved. I do have many places that are on my bucket list and places I want to go, but my desire to go there is for the adventure and memories I would be creating with my family and my husband. I don’t really this is where you go but more who youre with.
10. What has been your greatest accomplishment?
My children. My daughter saved me from myself. I was a young woman who maybe was a little bit selfish and wanted the finer things in life and a life full of adventure. But my daughter showed me a world I could have never dreamed of. She gave the the adventure of a lifetime. She taught me to be selfless and how to love unconditionally. She challenges me to be a better person. And she is the reason I am the mother that I am today. When I look at her and everything she has accomplished I am amazed. And when I look at my son and all the things he is learning and see what a beautiful character he is becoming, I can’t help but think of how my daughter has such a huge role in that. My children are kind, sweet, outgoing, funny, and amazing little human beings. And it is hard to believe that they are that way because of me. They are my greatest accomplishment, my whole world, and the very air I breathe.
11. What Is your favorite blog post made by you and why?
So far I would say The Messy Momma Movement because it is the driving force behind my blog and vlog. I want to start a moment where women and parents can support one another on this journey of parenting. I want to embrace the raw imperfections that come along with this parenting life. A place where we find beauty in what may sometimes feel like chaos. Because these messy momma moments are temporary and character building. I want to celebrate these moments rather than have people tare one another apart for something that naturally comes along in parenting. To find the beauty and joy in the messy moments that raising children brings.
My Liebster Award Nominees
- Miranda Marshall- Life in the Marsh– Ok, I seriously can not say enough wonderful things about this blogging mom. I had the pleasure of meeting with her and working with her on the MESSY MOMMA MOVEMENT, and she is such a fun, loving, energetic, funny, and super sweet mom! This mom blogs as if she is talking to you with a cup of coffee (or wine) in hand like she is one of your best friends. She is so entertaining to read and shares her journey raising her two beautiful twin girls, living her life with her husband, and all the traveling and adventures she and her family take! Please take the time to visit her blog. She is the bff every mom needs and tells it like it is! She is so laid back and inspiring! I am so proud to nominate this lovely lady for all her hard work and putting together an amazing and fun blog.
- Nicole- Cold Coffee And Chaos– Nicole is a loving wife and stay at home mom to her big happy blended family. She was a teacher’s assistant and cosmetologist for many years but felt that her heart was always at home. Now, she blogs about her busy life raising teens, toddlers, and everything in between. Nicole started her blog to connect with other mothers and share stories, recipes, DIYs and all of her interests. Check out her blog and get to know her. She is so friendly and has so much to share.
- T- Coins And Babble– This is T, (I love how she has little nicknames for her entire family.. including her dog) she is a fun and exciting blog mom who shares her story so transparently. I truly respect her for putting herself out there and sharing her message on raising not only her children but their journey raising children with disabilities. I had the pleasure of talking to T about her reason for starting her blog and she said ‘I don’t think I could be any other way. I think my goal is mostly to help other moms and women who are struggling. Help them through my experiences and knowledge to have acceptance and strength to keep going.’ What an amazing reason for starting Coins And Babble. I have read a few of her posts and she is so relatable and honest that it is refreshing and inspiring.
My Questions for these amazing blog Moms
- What is your goal or mission for your blog?
- In what ways has becoming a mom changed you?
- What is your favorite thing to do with your family?
- What is the best vacation you have ever been on and why?
- How old were you when you had your children?
- How did you meet your husband/significant other?
- What do you like to do for fun or relaxation?
- How do you handle your Messy Momma Moments?
- What is the best parenting advice you have ever been given?
- Have you ever fallen victim to social media bashing when it comes to parenting or blogging?
- What is one thing you would want your readers to know about you?
Thank you so much to all these lovely ladies for working so hard on their blog and putting yourself out there. And a special THANK YOU to Nicole for nominating me for all my hard work as your favorite Messy Momma. I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me by reading the answers to my nomination questions. My blog has been a labor of love with many hours of trial and error (especially when it comes to all this technology) I find that every blog I post process gets more exciting as i get to meet all you messy mommas out there and share our messy momma moments. I have also learned so much from the other bloggers who so selflessly share their testimonies in parenting. I look forward to continuing to meet new Mommas out there and Interviewing them for you all to meet! Lets grow this community and enjoy one another!